I can’t remember the last time I participated in a meme, and generally I’d ignore a tag, but I hold Jennifer Guo in high esteem so when she tags I answer. Here are the rules of this particular meme (which I’ve just learned this year rhymes with “gleam”):
“The Rules” according to the Wording Well, in order to accept the nomination you must follow these following guidelines:
Post the award on your blog.
Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to his/her blog.
Write 5 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 bloggers (they should have less than 300 followers).
Answer 5 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
If by “post the award on your blog they mean give a picture of it a permanent home, I’ll skip that. I think it more likely that I’m just supposed to include a picture in this post. I really don’t feel like it though so I’ll be disregarding that one still. Thanks Jen for the tag! I’ve already linked to your blog above.
Here are 5 random facts about me:
- I’ve never desired to be any taller than I am (5’9″)
- If I never had to shave again I’d be happy forever.
- I have to put my socks on before my pants.
- Caffeine doesn’t keep me awake at all.
- Grey is not my favorite color in general but it is my favorite color for clothing.
I don’t think I’m going to nominate anyone because anyone I’d nominate has already been tagged.
Here are Jen’s questions:
- If you could have any super power what would it be, and who would your arch-nemesis be?
- Middle Earth or Narnia and why?
- What’s your favorite biblical/theological topic/area?
- Favorite scholars?
- If you’ve been to SBL, describe a favorite memory. If not, describe what you’d be most excited about if you were going next year.
Here are my answers:
- I would fly because it’s faster and cheaper than driving. My arch nemesis would be The Gooch from Different Strokes.
- Narnia because they got Turkish Delight.
- Early Christology and Trinitarian Theology.
- Ancient: Athanasius; Irenaeus; Gregory of Nazianzus; Gregory of Nyssa; Basil; Cyril of Alexandria.
Modern: Chris Tilling; Larry Hurtado; Richard Bauckham; Gordon Fee; James Dunn; Khaled Anatolios; John Behr.
- Never been. If I ever make it out I’ll be most excited about the book hall. Following that will be meeting people I’ve communicated with online for years.
So that’ll do it for me. This was fun…