Below is the index to a 14-part series examining the issue of praying to Jesus.
- The Textual Issue of John 14:14
- Internal Consistency in John 14 & 16
- A Survey of Commentaries on John 14:14
- Calling on the Name of the Lord, Part 1
- Calling on the Name of the Lord, Part 2
- Calling on the Name of the Lord, Part 3
- Calling on the Name of the Lord, Part 4
- Stephen’s Dying Prayer
- An Aside on Conversational Prayer
- The Lord in Acts 1
- Paul’s Thorn in the Flesh
- Pauline Wish-Prayers in 1-2 Thessalonians
- Summary Response
7 thoughts on “Hear O Lord: Praying to Jesus – Index”
So, are you saying that it’s ok to pray to Jesus? ;-)
Jason: It would seem so.
Continue to expand and eBook it…this series was excellent. You have enough publisher friends after all…
Kyle: It’s something worthy thinking about. I hadn’t considered going the ebook route but I was thinking about doing a Bible study series on it if my pastors allowed.
I haven’t read all of these Nick — some of them of course, and have enjoyed it. But I was reading today in Kelly’s Early Christian Doctrines and, while I have yet to look it up myself (being a little lazy today), he makes the comment that Ignatius urges his readers to pray to Jesus. Nice.