- You’re too touchy — Everything that’s said to or about you doesn’t mean that everyone is attacking you or hates you.
- You don’t know how to insert hyperlinks — If we have to cut and paste URLs because of your technological ignorance then shame on you; quit blogging!
- You don’t allow comments on your “blog” — I place “blog” in parentheses because a blog that doesn’t allow comments is no blog at all, it’s a website.
- You don’t actually blog — If you’ve only posted 4-6 times in the course of a year then you’re not actually blogging. Yes, we know, you have better things to do and life takes precedence over blogging, hence, you shouldn’t be doing it!
- You refuse to reveal your true identity — No one is asking for last name, social security number, and proof of residence, but if you can’t somewhere provide your readers with a legitimate first name at least then the chances are that you’re a coward who doesn’t want your thoughts associated with the ‘real you.’ Here’s an idea, don’t blog!
- You turn everything into a debate — This corresponds to #1. If you’re so high strung as to take everything you read elsewhere and do nothing but debate it, then the chances are you shouldn’t be blogging.
- You don’t actually like blogging — If all you blog about is how much you hate blogging then do us all a favor and knock it off. We’ll all be much happier for it!
- You have no sense of humor — This corresponds to #s 1 & 6. If you can’t laugh at yourself or other stuff that’s funny then the blogosphere is probably not for you.
- You’re long-winded — If every post is a lengthy essay then you should be writing books, not maintaining a blog. If we want to read books then we’ll read books.
- You’re too short-winded — If all you can muster is 140 characters then shut down your blog and switch to Twitter.
Bonus Reason: You don’t like Pepsi — If you don’t like Pepsi then I hate you, and if I hate you then you shouldn’t be blogging.