I’ve been tagged by Will and although I’ve sworn off memes for a while I’ll do this one because Will’s a cool guy. Here’s the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you.
3. Link back to this parent post (L.L. Barkat is not so much interested in generating links, but rather in tracking the meme so she can perhaps do a summary post later on that looks at patterns and interesting discoveries.)
4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. Post these rules— or just have fun breaking them
So here’s the five ways that blogging has changed my life:
- It’s gotten me a lot of free books.
- It’s forced me to be more focused in my reading efforts.
- It’s provided an environment for me to discuss things that interest me, things that most of my “real life” friends aren’t interested in.
- It’s provided much food for thought which has caused me to question some long held beliefs.
- It’s put me in contact with folks who know so much more than I do, which has in turn kept me from thinking that I know more than I do.
I’m going to pass on tagging.