This is a series of thoughts on the Akedah (i.e., the Binding of Isaac). Far from complete, I wanted to take a look at the reception history of the Akedah with a focus on the Church fathers’ Christological interpretation of the event. This index will be updated as the series continues (whenever that will be).
- A Willing Participant: Interpreting the Akedah
- The Akedah: Prophetic Reflections
- Tertullian’s Reading of the Akedah: Woodenly Literal? (Part I)
- Tertullian’s Reading of the Akedah: Woodenly Literal? (Part II)
- A Different Type in the Akedah